Things are about to get serious. In this article we are going to tell you the truth about all of these so-called “exotic” hair types that are flooding the market, especially the most popular — virgin Brazilian hair.
First you should understand — for a virgin hair company to pull the curtain back and let the customer see what’s really going on — it’s like committing treason and can quite possibly turn the whole virgin hair industry against us.
But we don’t care!
If you are going to spend hundreds of dollars on virgin hair — we believe you should know what you’re really getting.
And in most cases, when you buy virgin Brazilian hair extensions or any other exotic sounding hair… what you are really getting is some variation of Indian or Asian hair.
If you are skeptical, think about this fact: There are billions of Asian and Indian women in the world. What other races of people could support the virtually insatiable demand for long length human hair for so many years?
Now, that is not to say there are no authentic exotic hair extensions on the market from their stated place of origin. But they are extremely rare and could not possibly support the enormous commercial demand.
So the vast majority of the time, those exotic labels usually refer to a particular style, texture, behavior, or pattern of virgin hair.
Common Characteristics of Virgin Brazilian Hair And Other Exotic Hair:
- Virgin Brazilian Hair – has gained the most popularity in the last few years due to its luxurious texture and versatility. Unfortunately, true Brazilian hair is very rare. In actuality, the majority of hair labeled virgin Brazilian hair is curly Indian hair that has been steamed. It’s fairly common for hair suppliers to come from Brazil to buy Indian hair wholesale then take it back to their country to mark up and sell to women across the world. Despite the misleading label, virgin Brazilian hair is beautiful and it makes great looking hair extensions. It comes in wavy, straight or curly patterns. The straight textures are not bone straight and tend to have light waves in it. It styles very easily, and although not recommended, handles heat well and can hold a curl all day. Virgin Brazilian hair extensions blend well with most natural ethnic hair textures and can last up to a year or more with proper care.
- Malaysian Hair – is very soft and silky and at first glance can appear a bit shiny. But after a few washes the luster fades into a more natural glow. Curls hold well with minimal hair products so try to avoid using too much oil spray on this hair. If you want volume and thickness, Malaysian hair is a good option because it has great bounce and heavy body. Due to its fullness, it has the tendency to dry out so be sure to keep it moisturized. The good thing is that this type of hair requires less wash because of its heavy density.
- Peruvian Hair – This hair is a little coarser and thicker in texture than Malaysian or Brazilian hair. It blends well with normal African-American relaxed hair textures and medium Caucasian hair textures. Peruvian hair has been growing in popularity since 2010. Peruvian hair is multipurpose hair. It has the ability to look naturally voluminous despite the fact it is lightweight. For example, you can have over 4 bundles of hair installed and they will feel very light on your head. It is extremely manageable even in times when hair isn’t maintained properly. Peruvian hair is great for sleek straight styles as well as short & edgy styles.
- Indian Hair – this is the work horse of the hair industry. Most other hair types are process from the various textures of Indian hair. Depending on the region where the hair is collected, the characteristics of Indian hair can resemble everything from a fine European texture to lightly yaki. Indian hair lasts a long time without much maintenance and is very versatile.
So now that you know the truth about so-called “exotic virgin hair, you may be wondering about the hair we carry on our website? We have kept it real with you so far and we wont stop now…
About The Virgin Hair Sold By Model Materials
Model Materials carries Virgin Remy hair extensions of different origins. Our hair comes in an array of patterns and exotic textures such as:
- Virgin Brazilian Hair – Body Wave
- Virgin Peruvian Hair – Luxury Curl
- Virgin Malaysian Hair – Straight “Silk Tail”
- Virgin Mongolian Hair – Deep Wave
But the truth is, we are jaded. We don’t really believe the virgin hair we get from our supplier comes from all of these exotic places. We think these descriptions are used by the vendor to add some excitement to the marketing of the product.
We just run with it because quite frankly, we think Virgin Brazilian hair sounds much better than “virgin hair from Newark New Jersey”.
Here’s what we can promise you though: Our hair is very high grade Virgin Remy, and will last you 9-12 months with proper care. The wefts are double stitched to minimize shedding and each bundle is full, thick and measures true to length.
We know an admission like this could turn some potential customers away from us, but we also know there are many more women who appreciate the honesty. Also, through our research, most women could really care less about the origin of their hair extensions, just as long as the hair looks natural, behaves, holds up for a reasonable length of time and makes them as beautiful as they want to be.
If you can appreciate honesty, high quality virgin hair and excellent value, then we would love to have your business.
To get things started off on the right foot — we have this SPECIAL GIFT for you.